5 Ways Technology Is Driving The E-Commerce IndustryHayley Smith
Technology is forcing the e-commerce world to adapt faster than ever. Today’s technology is helping customers keep track of purchases, gauge prices, and build stronger connections between the consumers and the brand.
- Mobile Apps changing the consumer/relationship relationship. Retailers now have the opportunity to connect with consumers that go beyond your traditional shopping experience. Brands no longer need to wait for customers to walk into their store, or run into an ad to engage with the business. Businesses now are able to reach consumers anywhere, even when they aren’t shopping. The regular presence of a brand’s app on a customer’s phone reminds him or her that the brand is an option. Not to mention, location-enabled interactions, which delivers messages to customers in certain locations or stores.
- Retailers are ALWAYS on consumers’ minds. Email notifications are quickly being replaced by smartphone push notifications. Promotions that at once got filtered straight into your spam folder now allow marketing teams to command consumer attention as never before. Retailers are using these updates to keep customers informed about new sales and promotions.
- The Growth In The Personalized Customer Experience Technology is making personalization standard as customer service standards set by technological improvements. This includes servicing customers on various communication channels: brand websites, email, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are all used to create connections between the customers and the brands.
- Quick Delivery and Low Prices. The number one driving force that drives the entire e-commerce industry is convenience. Now sites aim to offer the fastest deliver and the lowest prices. Technology will drive solutions to many logistical obstacles with the form of automated vehicles and drones.
- Small Businesses. Sites like Etsy and Shopify have allowed small businesses to compete head to head with big-box retailers like Walmart and Target. Any store can set up an online shop and offer global access to all of its products. Technology has given us the opportunity to start up